Please see section 2.1 to know more about ticket status.
The ticket workflow is as follows:
- A new ticket has default status as ‘Unanswered’
- The status changes to ‘Answered’ when staff replies to the ticket.
- The status reverts back to ‘Unanswered’ when customer adds a reply to the ticket.
- Once Staff team is convinced that ticket has been answered to customer’s satisfaction, they can change the status to ‘Archived’
- At any point if customer replies to ‘Archived’ ticket the status changes to ‘Unanswered’.
- Staff can keep a ticket ‘Unanswered’ while replying by checking ‘keep unanswered’ option.
Please see the flowchart below to understand the ticket workflow better:
Manual update options for staff
Apart from the auto-change features, all staff members have an option to edit the status either from the Status dropdown present in ticket’s Web UI or from the ticket’s backend.