After installing and activating Helpdesk, the Setup Wizard will guide you to set up and customize the Helpdesk system.
You will see the screen as below:
1. Support Page
Here you need to select a WordPress Page to be used as a support page.
i) Select from existing pages
From the dropdown, you can select any page already there in your site to be used as the support page.
ii) Create a new Support Page
You can create a new support form page by clicking on 'Create New Page' and enter the name of the page in the textbox and click Next button.
2. Connect Store
i. Connect WooCommerce and EDD Products
In this step, you can connect your WooCommerce or Easy Digital Download Products (EDD) store with Helpdesk.
ii. Create Custom Products
You can also create custom products by checking the 'Custom' checkbox and entering the name of the product as shown in the screenshot below.
3. Setup Your Team
You can setup your support team in three ways
i) Search and add users
Search and add WordPress users as shown in the screenshot below
ii) Add all users from domain
You can use this option if you want add all the WordPress users who have similar domain name.
iii) Add all WordPress users
Using this option you can import all the WordPress users into Helpdesk Staff, in a single click. You can assign Helpdesk roles to all these new staff members from the options.
What are Helpdesk Roles?
The Helpdesk roles are like WordPress roles with some differences (For details you may refer to Staff and Roles)
Can manage all tickets and Helpdesk settings.
Can manage all the tickets. No access to settings.
Can manage only the tickets assigned to them. No access to settings.
Users with no role in Helpdesk have no access to the Helpdesk backend. These users can only access the front end of the ticket to which they are assigned to.
4. Set Assignee
An assignee is a staff member to whom the product tickets will get assigned. You can set ticket assignees for each of the products from dropdowns as shown in the screenshot below
5. Mailbox Setup
Mailbox is required by Helpdesk for:
- Sending emails/ notifications to the customers and staff.
- Creating tickets directly by sending emails to the set mailbox.
i) Add a Mailbox
You can set Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook/Hotmail and other custom accounts as mailboxes as shown in screenshot below
ii) Set Assignee and Product for each Mailbox
For every mailbox you can choose the products and assigned staff members from the dropdowns as shown in the screenshot below
- Select Folder - Click Select Folder button next to a mailbox.
- Select Products, Assignee - Every ticket created using this mailbox will be for the product chosen in Select Product dropdown and assigned to the staff member chosen in Select Assignee dropdown.
- Save - Click Save button to save the values. You have the option to modify them later in Mail Setup settings.
iii) Outgoing Mail Setup
Click on Next and add a name for the Outgoing Emails and select the mailbox from the mailboxes created by you in the previous step.
If you receive an error message while testing connection, you should do the following:
- Check username and password
- Enable IMAP for your mailbox (Gmail - Link, Outlook - Link, Yahoo - Link )
- Check this link if your Google account does not get connected:https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78754
Click finish to complete the setup.
To update any settings, you can visit the settings section from the Helpdesk menu.