This page specifies the data that we collect, how we collect it and why we collect it. If you have any additional queries, or if we have failed to provide you with any information, you can contact us via our Contact Page and we will get back to you within two working days.
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we have to
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone outside of rtCamp unless explicitly specified in this document
- We don’t store any of your personal information unless we need it for testing, development or to make our services better. Even in this case, we make sure to irreversibly delete it as soon as it has served its purpose
This has been our policy before GDPR, and will be our policy going forward, regardless of regulation.
rtBiz Product Compliance
The rtBiz plugin and it’s add-ons does not collect your data or your users’ data in any way.
We use the Easy Digital Downloads (EDD) plugin to manage our store. We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and any other details that might be requested from you for the purpose of processing your orders.
Handling this data also allows us to:
- Send you important account/order/service information.
- Respond to your queries, refund requests, or complaints.
- Process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- Set up and administer your account, provide technical and/or customer support, and to verify your identity.
Additionally, we may also collect the following information:
- Product pages visited and content viewed while your session is active.
- Your comments and product reviews if you choose to leave them on our website.
- Account email/password to allow you to access your account, if you have one.
- If you choose to create an account with us, your name, address, and email address, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
The free & paid version of Transcoder logs the following data, mainly for troubleshooting purposes. All of this data is retained for a maximum of 48 hours, after which it is automatically and irreversibly deleted by a Cron job.
- IP address and URL of the website that requested a transcode job
- Name of uploaded file, its length & other media metadata associated with the file
- The actual uploaded file and any thumbnails generated by Transcoder
- The data associated with the license key of the requesting website
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Support & Forums
rtCamp gives support for premium products with Helpdesk. Helpdesk support requires raising a ticket on this website.
All personal data, admin information is accessible only to the user who raises the ticket and rtCamp’s support team.
Our public and private support forums store the following data:
- Past support tickets with text, media and metadata.
- WordPress user data of all participants in any support ticket.
You may voluntarily provide us with your name and email address to set up a contact request or subscribe to our newsletter.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). We also use social share buttons for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google on our site and in our newsletters. Embedded content these or any embedded websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google Analytics which allows us to collect information about how you use our site. If you access our website directly (and not via an email) your visits will be tracked anonymously. We use Google Analytics and Hotjar to understand how our website is being used in order to improve the experience for you. All user data is anonymous.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
For internal invoicing, we use Xero. No information generated via Xero is ever shared outside of accounting staff of rtCamp.
We use Mailchimp to send and manage our newsletter subscriptions. When you voluntarily subscribe to our newsletter, we send your name and email to Mailchimp.
What rights you have over your data
As per the GDPR, you can request us for an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you have any additional queries, or if we have failed to provide you with any information, you can contact us via our Contact Page and we will get back to you within two working days.